1. The sunrise on Christmas morning. This year it was absolutely breathtaking as we gazed upon misty blue mountains set against peach colored skies.
2. A walk with my family after Christmas dinner. Up until then, we didn’t have any snow, but by late afternoon that day, huge, feathery snowflakes began to fall. By sunset everything was covered by a downy blanket and all the dazzling lights strung across homes, trees and fences gave off a soft and peaceful glow.
3. Christmas dinner. We made our traditional recipes of turkey, stuffing, meatballs, mashed potatoes, green beans and cranberry sauce. I was particularly proud of how the turkey turned out. It’s always been a challenge for me to get it to that perfect golden color; however, this year a tender, juicy and real attractive looking bird came out of the oven!
4. Getting a bunch of board games out. Playing with the kids was such fun, I wonder why we don’t do this more often.
5. Being awakened early on Christmas morning by very excited kids eager to discover what Santa had left for them under the tree.
6. Witnessing the wonder and surprise in my children’s eyes as they unwrapped their gifts.
7. Watching our dogs have the best of times playing with the toys Santa had brought for them.
8. Video chatting with our families as we couldn’t be with them this Christmas, thank goodness for this wonderful invention!
9. Feeling the miracle of Christmas, that renewed sense of hope, happiness and peace that fills our hearts with the birth of Jesus.
10. Curling up by the fireplace with a hot cup of cocoa and a good book!